Friday, September 10, 2010

Down to the Wire!!!

Hi Everyone!
Sorry it's been so long since my last update. We have had some activity, but it took until yesterday to get the news that we needed. Finally- 5 days before our transfer, our donors signed the Open Adoption Agreement and sent their copy to Bethany. I am so grateful for all of your prayers. These past few weeks of waiting have not been easy. Really, nothing about this transfer this time around has been easy. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, "Just get us to Dr. Keenan's office and I know everything will be fine!" But, whew! The path to September 15th has been a rocky one! (For anyone who is exploring embryo adoption, please don't let our experience scare you away! This is our second embryo adoption, and we didn't go through anything close to this 3 years ago.)

Yesterday was also the day for my second ultrasound and labs. Everything looks great! My lining measured 13. Anything over 8 is what they want to see at this point. I begin 'the big shots' tomorrow. I teach on Monday, leave for Tennessee on Tuesday, and receive our precious embryos on Wednesday.

We got another special blessing yesterday as well- Our donors sent pictures of their family. It was exciting to get a glimpse of what the future may hold for us.

A prayer request for the next few days- peace for mommy and daddy as we leave our little one with her grandparents while we're gone for four days. Gone for four days??? I can't hardly stand the thought of being away from our baby that long. Going to Knoxville is mixed with bitter and sweet thoughts. I hope you all don't think I'm a 'basket case', but that's just the way I feel!

To quote the apostle Paul, "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you!" Thank you for walking with me over these past few months!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hurray for your wonderful news! I am so excited for you! Hugs, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay- so glad everything worked out and is looking good! Good luck with the PIO tomorrow! Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy that everything is finally on track for you. Good luck on the 15th! Praying for another miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising God for the contracts being signed just in time and praying for BFPs this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear your news. I will be praying for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so hope I get to meet you in TN. If not, we're bosom blogger friends to the end! You are in my prayers. 100% success rate for September!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, just in time! I hope you have a great trip and transfer!

    ReplyDelete