Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Miracle Day

Christmas is the biggest miracle of all! Christ came to earth and began the work of redeeming us! Hallelujah!! I hope all of you have the best Christmas ever this year!

I had one of those moments today when God let me know that He knows everything about me. HE KNOWS everything I need. It took my breath away to realize how much He cares. You see, last night I was wrapping presents for Gracie. As I was wrapping, I thought, "Gee, I wish I had some paper that wasn't so grown up, and old looking." Earlier, I had found 3 rolls of wrapping paper, and with money being tight right now, I couldn't justify going out and buying new, happier prints. I also resisted the urge to buy tags for presents. It probably wouldn't have been much, but I figured it was a couple of dollars that I didn't need to spend. I finished wrapping what I could for the evening and went to bed. This morning, our door bell rang. Gracie, Karis and I were still in our jammies....ok, that really doesn't mean much, it was 10:00. Anyway, it was our neighbor. His wife had sent him over with a gift for us. It was a huge gift bag stuffed with smaller gift bags, tissue paper, gifts for the girls, tags, and two rolls of perky wrapping paper. Even now, tears are beginning to flow. I didn't verbalize my desire for paper. It wasn't even a need. It was a want, and not a very important one at that. But, my God spoke volumes to me in providing that little thing for me. He said, "I am all knowing. I am sovereign. I am faithful. I care about you. I am in the details, so I can handle the big stuff. You can trust me." Yes, Lord. Yes Lord.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! God is so good : ) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE smile on my face. God exists even in the details. Merry Christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete